Matt

Default Paste is is copying in formula, but display is wrong.

Hello all,

We are having a very strange problem with Excel (2003). In a work sheet we
have a simple Total Cell and a number of cells behind it with the data..
simply put,

C6 is =sum(D6:Z6) Which, let's say, equals 30. No problem. but, If I do a
copy of C6 and paste it into C7, C7 now equals 30 BUT the formula for C7
pasted correctly.

So the Cell C7 now displays 30, but the formula in the (fx)Formula box shows
that the formula for C7 is =sum(D7:Z7)

The actual total for D7 thru Z7 is 22..

If I click on Cell C7 and hit F2 to edit the cell formula, and then hit
enter without changing a thing, the cell display changes to 22 like it
should be.

I created a new sheet to make sure the system itself was not messed up, but
the new sheet works fine!

Help!

Thanks a lot,

Baffled Matt

Frank Kabel

Hi
goto 'Tools - options - Calculate' and check 'Automatic calculation'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Matt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Matt

Hi Frank and thanks.

Strange though, I did that but Automatic was already seleceted, however I
hit the 'Calc Sheet' and it recalced everything and seems to be working ok
now. Go figure!

Thanks,

Matt