Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with the MODE function pleeeeez

I've been trying to use the 'Mode' formula function on a spreadsheet. Its
coming up with an error, and I checked it out in Excel Help. Its says (under
'Remarks', that "If the data set contains no duplicate data points, the
formula I used was =MODE(I2:I19) and this returns the #N/A error value".

it should look for any data that are the same, so for the data set in
question (what I have highlighted on the spreadsheet), then the answer should
be 15%, as there are two 15%s.

I've tried putting the data in a different part of the sheet both columns
and in rows, and is still returning the incorrect answer. I've also tried to
get the answer in the cell directly underneath the dataset, but this doesn't
work either.

Any suggestions

--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For =mode() to work, you have to have some number that occurs more than once.
Do you have situation in your data?

My bet is that if you look at the 15% values, that they're really not 15%.
They've been formatted to drop the extra decimal places (15.000001% and
15.000002% are not the same.)

Shazza wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson