Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table

Hello,

I have two pivots tables with two fields of page (equal in the both tables)
and I want change the fields of one pivot table and the other be refreshed
automatically. It's possible??

Thanks!
--
Cris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm not sure what the two fields of page means but if it means 2 page
fields, that has no baring on the problem.

1. If both pivot tables are created from the same data source then you can
use the same cache for both and they will refresh together.

2. If they are not using the same data source/cache you can add the Refresh
All button to the toolbar. Note this refreshes all pivottables and external
data links (not spreadsheet cells that are linked to other files). This tool
can be found by choosing View, Toolbars, Customize, Commands tab, Data
category.

3. You can try code like this:
Private Sub Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate(ByVal Target As PivotTable)
On Error GoTo myErrorHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
Set pvtTable2 = Worksheets("Manual Grouping").Range("E14").PivotTable
Set pvtTable1 = Worksheets("Manual Grouping").Range("E1").PivotTable
If Target.Name = "Test1" Then
pvtTable2.RefreshTable
ElseIf Target.Name = "Test2" Then
pvtTable1.RefreshTable
End If
myErrorHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

where E1 and E14 are the top left corner of your pivot tables and you have
named the pivot tables Test1 and Test2.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Cristiano" wrote:

Hello,

I have two pivots tables with two fields of page (equal in the both tables)
and I want change the fields of one pivot table and the other be refreshed
automatically. It's possible??

Thanks!
--
Cris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Debra Dalgleish has a downloadable file on her site which shows how to
set this up.

http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Pivot

--
Regards