Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is it possible to replace a series of characters by a page break?

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a page
break. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok - make that "I'm importing data ... "

"Sue Clay" wrote:

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a page
break. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use Find/Replace

FInd:
$$$$

Replace with:
CNTRL-j
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200724

"Sue Clay" wrote:

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a page
break. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is it possible to replace a series of characters by a page bre

Thanks for the response. Tried it, but instead of replacing with page break
- it gave me a larger cell size. Odd. On this machine, I'm using version
2000. Would that be my problem?

"Sue Clay" wrote:

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a
page
break. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it replaces my cell with a larger
one - but no page break. Any other ideas?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You can use Find/Replace

FInd:
$$$$

Replace with:
CNTRL-j
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200724

"Sue Clay" wrote:

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a page
break. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My goal is to be able to open a text file in Excel, find a character series
($$$$) and replace it with a manual page break so that when I actually print
it - it will start a new sheet where the "$$$$" was. The $$$$ will always
appear on its own line in the first column.

"Sue Clay" wrote:

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a
page
break. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have been given a couple of suggestions which give you a carriage return
within a cell................alt + 0010 or CTRL + j

Is this what you want or do you want an actual "pagebreak" as in
InsertPageBreak.

If the latter, I would suggest you need code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 May 2007 11:36:01 -0700, Sue Clay <Sue
wrote:

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a page
break. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try:

Select column with "$$$$" and run this macro:

Sub SetPageBreak()

With ActiveSheet
For Each cell In Selection
If cell = "$$$$" Then
cell.Select
.HPageBreaks.Add Befo=ActiveCell
End If
Next cell
End With
End Sub

wrote:

I'm important data from a text file and would like to be able to
automatically replace a pre-set series of characters (say, $$$$) by a page
break. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Which Toppers has provided in his post.

What will you do with the cells that conatin $$$$?

Do you want to clear them or leave as is?

To clear, revise Toppers code to this.

Sub SetPageBreak()

With ActiveSheet
For Each cell In Selection