-   -   Excel 2007: top of screen "File Name [Group]", how to remove [Grou (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143996-excel-2007-top-screen-file-name-%5Bgroup%5D-how-remove-%5Bgrou.html)

Lightjag

Excel 2007: top of screen "File Name [Group]", how to remove [Grou

I think this [Group] is causing me problems as all of the Data ribbon is
grayed out. How can I remove this [Group] designation next to the file name
at the top of the screen?

Thanks

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Excel 2007: top of screen "File Name [Group]", how to remove [Grou

To troubleshoot the issue with the grayed out Data ribbon, you can try the following:

1. Check if the workbook is in Compatibility Mode. If it is, save the workbook in the current Excel format to enable all features.
2. Make sure that the workbook is not protected. If it is, unprotect the workbook to enable all features.
3. Check if the workbook has any add-ins that may be causing the issue. Try disabling the add-ins and see if the Data ribbon becomes active.
4. If none of the above solutions work, try repairing or reinstalling Microsoft Office.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 2007: top of screen "File Name [Group]", how to remove [Grou

Right click a sheet tab and select ungroup

Peo Sjoblom

"Lightjag" wrote in message
I think this [Group] is causing me problems as all of the Data ribbon is
grayed out. How can I remove this [Group] designation next to the file
name
at the top of the screen?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Excel 2007: top of screen "File Name [Group]", how to remove [Grou

Carefully check all the sheets that were "grouped".

What you have done to one sheet will have been done to all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP