Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Avg. price increase

I had to make a new post. It wasn't letting me tack on to the thread.

My original question starts at the bottom and I am looking for a
weighted average. I've got 15 - 20 different packages I sell this
customer and can't go over a 6% price increase in total. Some packages
can be higher and some can be lower.

Thanks.

On May 23, 3:45 am, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
... or did the OP want a weighted average?
--
David Biddulph

"Harvey" wrote in message

(12%+B%+C%+)/3<6% == B%+C% <6% now it's up to you to decide how to split
the
price increase between two items lets say : B%=4% and C%=2% then
new B price = $10.29
new C price=$13.01
" wrote:

How do I figure out what price increases to take on my various
products when I want the average come out to 6%? One of the items is
going to take a 12% increase. Example:

Item A Units Sold YTD 1256 Current Price is $15.40 New
Selling Price will be $17.25
Item B Units Sold YTD 987 Current Price is $9.89 New
Selling Price will be ??
Item C Units Sold YTD 1500 Current Price is $12.76 New
Selling Price will be ??
etc.

My average price increase can not exceed 6%, but I need to take 12% on
Item A. How do I figure out what increase I can take on Items B, C,
etc.?

Thanks.

Chip- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to do this interactively on the worksheet. Put the percentage
increase for all items in one column and then put formula =average(a1:A25)
and the bottom of the column. change perrcentages until you are happy.

You may want to do it by price instead of percentage. the put old price in
column A, New Price in column B. Column C put percentage increase. then put
=average(C1:C25) at bottom of column. Then change prices until you are happy.