Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SPM SPM is offline

Default How do I make automatic coloring in a cell vth conditions attache

Suppose Cell A1 = x, then I want to color B1 black
& when Cell A1 = y, then I want to color B1 blue
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What version of Excel are you using?

Biff

"SPM" wrote in message
Suppose Cell A1 = x, then I want to color B1 black
& when Cell A1 = y, then I want to color B1 blue

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format/ Conditional formatting/ Formula is ...
--
David Biddulph

"SPM" wrote in message
Suppose Cell A1 = x, then I want to color B1 black
& when Cell A1 = y, then I want to color B1 blue

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Select cell A1
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Condition 1
Formula Is: =A1="x"
Click the format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK
Click the Add button
Condition 2
Formula Is: =A1="y"
Click the format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Biff

"SPM" wrote in message
version 2000

"SPM" wrote in message
Suppose Cell A1 = x, then I want to color B1 black
& when Cell A1 = y, then I want to color B1 blue

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To change B1 cell you must select B1(not A1) then follow Biff's post from
Condition1 onward using =A1="x" etc..

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 May 2007 12:57:41 -0400, "T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

Select cell A1
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Condition 1
Formula Is: =A1="x"
Click the format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK
Click the Add button
Condition 2
Formula Is: =A1="y"
Click the format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Biff

"SPM" wrote in message
version 2000

"SPM" wrote in message
Suppose Cell A1 = x, then I want to color B1 black
& when Cell A1 = y, then I want to color B1 blue

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SPM SPM is offline

Thnx Boss. Got it. Doing fine. Thank you once again.