Default Problem with times in pivot tables and graphs

Good afternoon,

I have to create pivot tables and graphs and the time format is
screwing up on it.

For example, 22/02/2005 07:00:06 in the pivot table turns into
22/01/2005 07:00 when I create the graph from it (using F11 as
directed). I've set the "great minds" here at work in PC Support on it
and the best workaround they can come up with is to remove the first
colon in the time, which makes the seconds appear - 22/02/2005 0700:06.
While this does give the seconds, it looks a bit wafty and I'd rather
have a permanent solution via formatting or something.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ta.

Dave Peterson

I use xl2003 and was unable to duplicate your results.

I put a bunch of time/dates in A2:A37 with some random numbers in B2:B37.

I did a Data|Pivottable and dragged the header (for the date/time) to the row
field. Dragged the header for the quantity to the data field.

And the format for column A in the pivottable showed the mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss.

I hit F11 and created a chart and it looked nice, too.

Any chance all you have to do is format the data/time cells in your pivottable
to show the seconds?

You may want to post back with the version of excel that you're using. Maybe
someone can test it in that version.

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks for the reply Dave, but I have solved this myself through
complete and utter luck. I'm pretty new to all this table stuff, and
the guy who was showing me how to do it here at work (my SENIOR!) told
me to highlight the entire columns and do the chart from that. I did
one myself later that day and only highlighted the cells relevant, and
it worked like a charm!

Cheers