Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Return Date using two dates and a word

I am trying to make a time table based of a completion date A1 for specific
tasks.

Some completion dates have a range of dates. Here is what i need to do. If
cell A1 is 12/1/07 i want a cell to return "9-1-07 to 10-1-07". I have no
problem getting cells to return a simple 9-1-07 or 10-1-07 but when i try to
use concatenate or $ Excel only displays the date value ie 39249 for 6/16/07.
So instead of getting 9/1/07 to 10/1/07 to display in cell i would get
39429 to 39459 or something to that effect. Any suggestions.

Also i am currently setting up formulas to display say 45 days before
completion date at =date(year(A1), month(A1)-1, day(A1)-15. However, this
doesn't seem totally accurate. Any suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=TEXT(A1-3,"dd/mm/yy")&" - "&TEXT(A1-1,"dd/mm/yy")

second part

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)-45)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"pblenis" wrote in message
I am trying to make a time table based of a completion date A1 for specific
tasks.

Some completion dates have a range of dates. Here is what i need to do.
If
cell A1 is 12/1/07 i want a cell to return "9-1-07 to 10-1-07". I have no
problem getting cells to return a simple 9-1-07 or 10-1-07 but when i try
use concatenate or $ Excel only displays the date value ie 39249 for
6/16/07.
So instead of getting 9/1/07 to 10/1/07 to display in cell i would get
39429 to 39459 or something to that effect. Any suggestions.

Also i am currently setting up formulas to display say 45 days before
completion date at =date(year(A1), month(A1)-1, day(A1)-15. However, this
doesn't seem totally accurate. Any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bob that did what i was looking for. Now i do have another issue i
just ran into. I need to make sure the values returned for completion dates
always fall on a 1st or 15th (never mind if they are weekends its for generic
reference). Is there a rounding function for months and days?

"pblenis" wrote in message
I am trying to make a time table based of a completion date A1 for specific
tasks.

Some completion dates have a range of dates. Here is what i need to do.
If
cell A1 is 12/1/07 i want a cell to return "9-1-07 to 10-1-07". I have no
problem getting cells to return a simple 9-1-07 or 10-1-07 but when i try
use concatenate or $ Excel only displays the date value ie 39249 for
6/16/07.
So instead of getting 9/1/07 to 10/1/07 to display in cell i would get
39429 to 39459 or something to that effect. Any suggestions.

Also i am currently setting up formulas to display say 45 days before
completion date at =date(year(A1), month(A1)-1, day(A1)-15. However, this
doesn't seem totally accurate. Any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean rounding or just backdate? So does any date lower than 15th goto
1st, any date above go to the 15th?

=IF(DAY(my_date_formula)<15,my_date_formula-DAY(my_date_formula)+1,my_date_formula-DAY(my_date_formula)+15)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=TEXT(A1-3,"dd/mm/yy")&" - "&TEXT(A1-1,"dd/mm/yy")

second part

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)-45)

--
---