Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel and InFocus Projector

Hello, I have Excel 2003 and an InFocus projector. The combination works
fine until I start the Excel program and it automatically zooms up to 400
per cent resolution. I am unable to get it back down from this resolution.
Clicking on the zoom box brings it down and then it goes right back to full
400 percent zoom. The zooming is only happening in Excel and the InFOcus
folks don't have a solution.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does the Zoom instantly go to 400%, or does it cycle its way up from 100 to
115 to 130 to 145 etc...?

If it is cycling, then I'd suspect a faulty input device is attached to your
computer. (ie. keyboard, mouse, trackball, game controller). Does your
keyboard have a zoom slider on it? Does your mouse have an additional scroll
wheel? Check to see if these may be "stuck".

Also, is your computer reading any wireless devices? Perhaps an additional
mouse or keyboard that you've forgotten about, then used as a shelf to stack
things on? (yup, I've seen this before).

Also, a setting in Excel you might check. Go to TOOLS, then OPTIONS, then
VIEW Tab. Uncheck "Zoom on roll with Intellimouse" if it is checked.

HTH,
Elkar

"LabrGuy Bob R" wrote:

Hello, I have Excel 2003 and an InFocus projector. The combination works
fine until I start the Excel program and it automatically zooms up to 400
per cent resolution. I am unable to get it back down from this resolution.
Clicking on the zoom box brings it down and then it goes right back to full
400 percent zoom. The zooming is only happening in Excel and the InFOcus
folks don't have a solution.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for responding,
It goes in increments, but very fast. Similiar to a wheel, but there are no
wheels attached. I used it strickly with the pad and no keyboard or mouse. I
can select to reduce it back to 100 and it immediately zooms back to 400
percent.
Don't have any wireless equipment except for router, but this does it here,
away or anywhere.
It also does it with WORD which leads me to beleive it's either a shared
setting or the projector is bad.

Thanks for your help
BOB Reynolds