Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto-expansion of excel cells, turning it off

I regularly paste text into the content bar in Excel 2003 that contain
several lines of text--enough to cause word wrap to trigger and such.

I like the word wrap, but I dislike that the cell expands to display all the
content.

Instead, I'd rather see the content of the cell in the content bar when I
select the cell. Make sense?

In short, I don't want the cell to auto-expand. Any thoughts?