Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VB Crash - Little Bit Of Fun

Hello

I've been messing around with VB and managed to write a code which crashes
my pc, any reason why ???

I have a dual core 2.5 ghz, vista and excel 2007. Screen went white and
froze for 10-15 seconds.

Maybe someone else could try and see if it happens to them? Surely I didnt
overload or confuse Excel with this;

For s = 0 To 65535 Step 5

Cells(4, 4).Interior.Pattern = xlSolid
Cells(4, 4).Interior.Color = s

Next s

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works fine if you put

Application.Screenupdating = false

before your For. Sounds like you are over loading Excel's ability to update
the screen as your code requires it to refresh the screen over 13,000
times.....

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive
Hockessin, Delaware, U.S. 19707

Phone: 302-234-9857, cell 302-584-1771
http://www.add-ins.com

"RajenRajput1" wrote in message
Hello

I've been messing around with VB and managed to write a code which crashes
my pc, any reason why ???

I have a dual core 2.5 ghz, vista and excel 2007. Screen went white and
froze for 10-15 seconds.

Maybe someone else could try and see if it happens to them? Surely I
didnt
overload or confuse Excel with this;

For s = 0 To 65535 Step 5

Cells(4, 4).Interior.Pattern = xlSolid
Cells(4, 4).Interior.Color = s

Next s

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Its a shame that your line of code doesn't allow the colors to change on the
screen

But its good to know that code

I placed another for loop inside the original, just a dummy to slow it down,
and it worked, but obviously not very efficient