S_Steele1812

Default Tab Value

Is there a way to make a tab assume the same value as a cell on that sheet?
ie. value of cell G1 is Feeler have tab value be Feeler and have the tab
value update automaticaly when the Cell value is changed.
Bob Phillips

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$G$1" Then
Me.Name = Target.Value
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"S_Steele1812" wrote in message
Is there a way to make a tab assume the same value as a cell on that

sheet?
ie. value of cell G1 is Feeler have tab value be Feeler and have the tab
value update automaticaly when the Cell value is changed.

S_Steele1812

Bob,
Is there something that I have to do to execute this code. I printed
it into the sheets module and nothing happened. I confess to being a total
NooB at this. I have written macros before but that is about it.

Thanks
Sean Steele

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$G$1" Then
Me.Name = Target.Value
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"S_Steele1812" wrote in message
Is there a way to make a tab assume the same value as a cell on that

sheet?
ie. value of cell G1 is Feeler have tab value be Feeler and have the tab
value update automaticaly when the Cell value is changed.

Bob Phillips

Sean,

If you put it in the correct place, then just change the value of G1 (even
to what it already contains, just force the change event), and you will see
the tab name change.

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$G$1" Then
Me.Name = Target.Value
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"S_Steele1812" wrote in message
Is there a way to make a tab assume the same value as a cell on that

sheet?
ie. value of cell G1 is Feeler have tab value be Feeler and have the

tab
value update automaticaly when the Cell value is changed.

S_Steele1812

I got this from another post where some one else asked a similar question.
This works exactly as I wanted. Thank you to everyone that helped.

Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo ExitMe
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("G1")) Is Nothing Then
Me.Name = Range("G1").Value
End If
ExitMe:
Application.EnableEvents = True