Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Diary Setup

I am trying to create a single day per tab diary in Excel whereby each
calendar day can occupy a single sheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Geoff" wrote in message
I am trying to create a single day per tab diary in Excel whereby each
calendar day can occupy a single sheet.

Geoff
What is the issue / problem / question? Give us a clue. We may be good at
answering questions but mind reading is another thing altogether.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just create a basic sheet laid out the way you want it to be and copy it 364
times?

But it seems to me that other applications would be more appropriate for a
diary - such as Word or even Notepad, where you don't have to be so concerned
with the amount of text entered and have more freedom (in Word) of the
formatting and appearance of the text entered.

I'm going to try to do some mind-reading here also and assume that you're
looking for a way to get off easy with the copy it 364 times part of the
work. Set up one sheet the way you want and call it 'DiarySheet' then copy
and paste this code into a regular code module and run it from Tools | Macro
| Macros

Sub CreateYearsWorthOfSheets()
'start with one sheet laid out the way you want
'name it 'DiarySheet' and then run this code

Const StartDate = #12/31/2006# ' day before you want diary to start
Dim dayLoop As Integer
Dim tabName As String
Dim daysInYear As Integer

daysInYear = 365 ' most years
If (Year(StartDate) + 1 Mod 4) = 0 Then
daysInYear = 366 ' leap year
End If
Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' make it fast(er)
For dayLoop = 1 To daysInYear
Worksheets("DiarySheet").Copy after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = Format(StartDate + dayLoop, "ddmmmyy")
Next
Worksheets("DiarySheet").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

To get it into code: use [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor, then choose
Insert | Module from the menu. Paste the code above into the module that
opens up and then close the VB Editor.