Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format

I have a simple formatting problem.

I have a large column of data which I would like to print. However, the
print preview only shows the first page. How do I include the other pages to
"wrap" from the excel file so I can print the whole column on other pages ?
--
sandi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Normally it does that automatilcally. You could try highlighting all of the
cells you want printed and click print selected option. Secondly, I have to
ask this because a co-worker of mine had the same problem only they didn't
know you had to click the next button to see the next page in the print
preview window. Hope that helps.

"sandi" wrote:

I have a simple formatting problem.

I have a large column of data which I would like to print. However, the
print preview only shows the first page. How do I include the other pages to
"wrap" from the excel file so I can print the whole column on other pages ?
--
sandi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Was the Next button at the top of the print preview screen disabled? Maybe you
just had to click that Next button????

If not, how about trying to clear the print range:

File|Print Area|Clear Print Area

Then excel will print what it thinks you've used.

If it prints too much, you may want to reset that last used cell by using the
techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

sandi wrote:

I have a simple formatting problem.

I have a large column of data which I would like to print. However, the
print preview only shows the first page. How do I include the other pages to
"wrap" from the excel file so I can print the whole column on other pages ?
--
sandi

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sandi

Assuming you have one long column A and want to print it out snake-like as
multiple columns on the same sheet of paper.

There are a couple of ways to go about this.

1. Use a formula to transfer the data to several columns.

2. Use a macro to transfer to several columns.

Post back if this is the case.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP