Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default active cell bold

Im trying to make the active cell either bolded or highlighted. Is that
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
With Cells.Font
.FontStyle = "Regular"
End With
With ActiveCell.Font
.FontStyle = "Bold"
End With
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dtech" wrote:

Im trying to make the active cell either bolded or highlighted. Is that
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
With Cells.Font
.FontStyle = "regular"
End With
ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow
With ActiveCell.Font
.FontStyle = "bold"
End With
End Sub

regards
FSt1

"Dtech" wrote:

Im trying to make the active cell either bolded or highlighted. Is that
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

They are not formulas, formulas cannot do this. You would need event macros
Right click the sheet tab where you want this to happen and select view
code. then paste in the code. Press Alt + q and save the workbook

Peo Sjoblom

"Dtech" wrote:

Im trying to make the active cell either bolded or highlighted. Is that
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just as long as you realize that this wipes out color formatting from every cell
other than the active cell with no going back.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Dtech" wrote:

Im trying to make the active cell either bolded or highlighted. Is that
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Right on Gord............that's why I stuck with just the "bolding" part in
my response.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3