Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Entering days in spreadsheet

Column A has Order Date Column B has Due Date. Is there a way for me to
enter a date in column A and have B automatically show the date four weeks
later?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1+28
and format as date
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200722
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

try
=if(A1="","",a1+28)

"Dennis1188" wrote:

Column A has Order Date Column B has Due Date. Is there a way for me to
enter a date in column A and have B automatically show the date four weeks
later?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In B1: =A1+28

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Dennis1188" wrote in message ...
| Column A has "Order Date" Column B has "Due Date". Is there a way for me to
| enter a date in column A and have B automatically show the date four weeks
| later?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=A1+28
and format as date
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200722

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ONe way:

Dates in XL are just integer offsets from a base date, so

A1: <order date
B1: =A1+28

Format B1 as a date.

In article ,
Dennis1188 wrote:

Column A has Order Date Column B has Due Date. Is there a way for me to
enter a date in column A and have B automatically show the date four weeks
later?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there a way so it does not include the weekend?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=A1+28
and format as date
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200722

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't plug in a date that is on a weekend?

Dennis1188 wrote:

Is there a way so it does not include the weekend?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=A1+28
and format as date
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200722

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the WORKDAY() function. Look in HELP for details.

If you get the #NAME error: ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Dennis1188" wrote in message ...
| Is there a way so it does not include the weekend?
|
| "Gary''s Student" wrote:
|
| =A1+28
| and format as date
| --
| Gary''s Student - gsnu200722

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

if you want it to end up on a friday if you enter a weekend
=A1+28-if(weekday(a1)=7,1,if weekday(a1)=0,2,0)
if you want it to end up on the monday following the weekend two weeks away
=A1+28+if(weekday(a1)=7,2,if weekday(a1)=0,1,0)

"Dennis1188" wrote:

Is there a way so it does not include the weekend?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=A1+28
and format as date
--