Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How-To fill down blank spaces in outlined table?

I'd like to convert an outlined pivot table into a flat table. I know that
once the table is copied onto a fresh spreadsheet (effectively removing the
active pivot) the blank cells can be filled down preserving the hierarchical
order. For example, lets assume I have the following data:

Column A: (Area) EMEA
Column B: (Region) Western Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe
Column C: (Country) Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Greece

My table should list all Countries from column C; the corresponding Region
in column B; and the appropriate Area from column A.

I haven't used this routine in many years and I forgot how to do it. Any
ideas will be most appreciated.