Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Chart Formatting Question

I have been using charts in excel 2003 for some time, I have converted to
Excel 2007, and am having some trouble. 2 questions.

1) In Excel2003 I could create a chart, select the whole chart, copy it, and
paste the link into a powerpoint slide, and the whole chart would appear as
an object. I could resize it and the chart grew or shrank with the object.
In 2007, the left side of the chart is truncated, and there is blank space on
the right. It stays truncated no matter what i try to do.

2) In Excel2007, sometimes I create a chart, and I see the chart object, but
not all of the chart is showing in the object frame. How do I display the
whole chart, and have it size with the frame?

Thanks in advance.
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. I haven't worked enough with Excel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 together to
bluff my way through this one.

2. Is this a chart sheet? You can no longer size one of these charts to the
window. This is a serious loss of functionality IMO.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"LarryLL" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the comment.
regarding 2, it can start out being an object on the sheet with the data,
and then i moved it to a new sheet. In both cases, it is not the default for
the chart to fit within the chart object as displayed. I think I found the
answer for this, in the Format Tab in the Size area, the chart size can be
adjusted. I think it works weird.

Thanks again.
Larry