Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I find the AutoFormat Dialogue Box in Excel 2007?

I am currently taking an Excel 2003 class and I have Office 2007 on my home
computer. My college does not have 2007 yet. In my textbook I need to apply
certain Formats from the AutoFormat Dialogue Box. I can not find this
Dialoge Box on 2007. Can anyone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cell formatting has been completely redone in Excel 2007. The equivalent
there is Format as Table on the Home tab.

--
Jim
"Angela" wrote in message
|I am currently taking an Excel 2003 class and I have Office 2007 on my home
| computer. My college does not have 2007 yet. In my textbook I need to
apply
| certain Formats from the AutoFormat Dialogue Box. I can not find this
| Dialoge Box on 2007. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for replying Mr. Rech.
Another part to my question should have been in AutoFormat Dialog Box in
2003 there were names for each color and design. Such as "Classic 2",
"Colorful 1" etc.....,. Is there any way for me to know what the names are
of each format in the "Format as Table" tab in 2007?

"Angela" wrote in message
|I am currently taking an Excel 2003 class and I have Office 2007 on my home
| computer. My college does not have 2007 yet. In my textbook I need to
apply
| certain Formats from the AutoFormat Dialogue Box. I can not find this
| Dialoge Box on 2007. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I hover the mouse pointer over a style its name, such as "Table Style
Light 1" appears as a tool tip. That's the only name I see.

--
Jim
"Angela" wrote in message
| Thank you for replying Mr. Rech.
| Another part to my question should have been in AutoFormat Dialog Box in
| 2003 there were names for each color and design. Such as "Classic 2",
| "Colorful 1" etc.....,. Is there any way for me to know what the names
are
| of each format in the "Format as Table" tab in 2007?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| Cell formatting has been completely redone in Excel 2007. The
equivalent
| there is Format as Table on the Home tab.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Angela" wrote in message
| |I am currently taking an Excel 2003 class and I have Office 2007 on my
home
| | computer. My college does not have 2007 yet. In my textbook I need
| apply
| | certain Formats from the AutoFormat Dialogue Box. I can not find this
| | Dialoge Box on 2007. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your help.

"Angela" wrote in message
| Thank you for replying Mr. Rech.
| Another part to my question should have been in AutoFormat Dialog Box in
| 2003 there were names for each color and design. Such as "Classic 2",
| "Colorful 1" etc.....,. Is there any way for me to know what the names
are
| of each format in the "Format as Table" tab in 2007?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| Cell formatting has been completely redone in Excel 2007. The
equivalent
| there is Format as Table on the Home tab.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Angela" wrote in message
| |I am currently taking an Excel 2003 class and I have Office 2007 on my
home
| | computer. My college does not have 2007 yet. In my textbook I need
| apply
| | certain Formats from the AutoFormat Dialogue Box. I can not find this
| | Dialoge Box on 2007. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Angela,

You may find this handy as you continue the class:
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...1 00860481033
that's a link to an Excel (2007) file that cross references all of the
commands from 2003 to their locations in 2007.