-   -   Counting Unique Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142644-counting-unique-values.html)

[email protected]

Counting Unique Values

I have a column with 29902 order numbers (none unique) and I need to
count how many appear more than 23 times. Any suggestions?

tim m

Counting Unique Values

This is not a very elegant or overly efficient solution but you could use
'data'...'subtotals' to count the number of each order. (you will have to
sort the orders 1st I believe), then use conditional formatting to highlight
totals that are 23.

" wrote:

I have a column with 29902 order numbers (none unique) and I need to
count how many appear more than 23 times. Any suggestions?

[email protected]

Counting Unique Values

Figured out an answer to my own question. I'll post it here in case
anyone cares:

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(B1:B29902, B1:B29902)23,1))

James Silverton

Counting Unique Values

wrote on 14 May 2007 08:06:34 -0700:

c I have a column with 29902 order numbers (none unique) and I
c need to count how many appear more than 23 times. Any
c suggestions?
I suspect you could do this with ToolsData Analysis
Histograms and appropriate bins.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: