Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto relocate a row

hi community

how can i perform an automation to an unique row...

scene:

i have to import a raw data (regularly but only once per day) that consist
of an unique row (however, this unique row is not always fix at a certain
row, it will always be place randomly at all time ):

Example for the unique row is at Row 2

A B C
1 AA $3.00
Male
2 12 23 $3.50
Pending
3 BB Sch -
Male
4 BB Track -
Male
5 CC $4.55
Female
6 DD Due $1.25
Male

base on the above table, regularly when I imported the raw data, the unique
row is Col A = 12 (whereas all other rows at Col A have label with characters.
Now
how can i do a simple automation that whenever I import the raw data into a
worksheet, it will detect that Col A, consist of numeric value, will
automatically move to Row 1

can this relocation to Row 1 be made automatically?

hope my explaination is clear enough :)

thanks community for assisting and any help would be much appreciated :)

thanks

--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

One simple method would be to put a formula in E1
=IF(A1=12,1,"")
Copy down
Mark block of data including column E
Sort on column E Ascending.

You could switch on the macro recorder as you do this, then just invoke
the macro each time after you import the data.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"oldLearner57" wrote in message
[...]