Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Charts - Adding additional data problem.

Hi,

I would be really grateful if someone could help.

I have a chart created in a seperate sheet to the source data. The problem I
am having is adding additional data to the chart. The source data is not
within a range of cells, but situated in individual cells in various sheets
within the workbook.

The method I am using is this:

1. Right click within the Chart Area and select Source Data from the submenu.
2. With the Series tab selected by default, select the relevant Series title
from the Series dropdown list.
3. Next, in the Values box click the collapse dialog box button, and browse
to the cell in the sheet where the data is being held and highlight to select.
4. Once steps 1 -3 have been completed for the relevant series titles browse
and highlight the relevant Category (X) axis labels.

The Name value in each case I have left and not altered. What should be in
here?

Anway, every time I attempt to add more data to the chart it creates a new
chart with the data in the 'data table' being positioned in the centre. Why
is this?

I would be so happy if someone could tell me where I am going wrong.

Many thanks in advance.

Simon.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the Name entry box, type the series name or select the cell containing
the series name.

What are you calling the 'data table'?

Also, it appears you are not adding data (i.e., adding series), you are
merely changing the data for the selected series. You can add more data in
this way, if you're careful, and if the additional data for the series comes
from the same sheet as the existing data.

More info:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you want to add additional data, you can simlpy select additional cloumn
and drag and drop in to the chart.

Challa Prabhu