Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing

Default Mirror Image Printing (JSF)

Can someone please help me, this is driving me crazy.
I am having a problem in Excel, when I print, most spreadsheets print fine,
but some print mirror
imaged. The problem does not happen in another applications (such as Word).

How do I fix this?

OS: Windows XP SP2
Excel: Office 2003
Printer: HP1210xi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing

Just guesses...

When you write mirrored images, do you mean that column A is on the right and IV
is on the left?

If yes, then maybe Tools|options|International|and check to see if view current
sheet right to left is checked.

If no, do you have the same results when you change printers/printer drivers?
Maybe it's not excel--maybe it's your printer.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing

No, it is as though you took the printout and held it to a mirror. Not all
spreadsheets print this way. I have deleted and reloaded the printer
software and it still occurs.

Joseph Ferraro wrote:

Can someone please help me, this is driving me crazy.
I am having a problem in Excel, when I print, most spreadsheets print
fine,
but some print mirror
imaged. The problem does not happen in another applications (such as
Word).

How do I fix this?

OS: Windows XP SP2
Excel: Office 2003
Printer: HP1210xi

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing

Another wild guess...

There are some printers that can print reverse images--kind of like for printing
an iron-on applique for t-shirts.

Any chance that it's the still the printer?

Joseph Ferraro wrote:

Can someone please help me, this is driving me crazy.
I am having a problem in Excel, when I print, most spreadsheets print
fine,
but some print mirror
imaged. The problem does not happen in another applications (such as
Word).

How do I fix this?

OS: Windows XP SP2
Excel: Office 2003
Printer: HP1210xi

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing

"Joseph Ferraro" wrote...
No, it is as though you took the printout and held it to a mirror. Not all
spreadsheets print this way. I have deleted and reloaded the printer
software and it still occurs.

Time for some testing. If you haven't already, install the Generic/
Text-only printer driver and have it connected to FILE: (a pseudo
printer port that will actually print to files). Then print this
workbook to it, and review the result in Notepad or Word. If it's
showing the text reversed, e.g., instead of 'the quick brown fox' it
shows 'xof nworb kciuq eht', then the problem is in Excel. If not, the
problem is your printer or its printer driver.

Does the text show this way in Print Preview (with your HP printer
selected)?