Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Instantaneous cell values from a PLC

I am running excell 2003 and have an analog input value from an Allen Bradley
control logix PLC giving a cell an instantaneous value of the input, I was
wondering if there was a way of saving the values in that cell, so I can set
up a trend of the values.I have tried to send the values to another
spreadsheet on a time basis, but have had no luck.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Code goes in the sheet module.
Name a blank sheet in the same workbook "LogSheet".
Change C5 to the correct cell.

If Target(1, 1).Address = "$C$5" Then
With Worksheets("LogSheet")
.Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2, 1).Value = Target(1, 1).Value
End With
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Bill"
wrote in message
I am running excell 2003 and have an analog input value from an Allen Bradley
control logix PLC giving a cell an instantaneous value of the input, I was
wondering if there was a way of saving the values in that cell, so I can set
up a trend of the values.I have tried to send the values to another
spreadsheet on a time basis, but have had no luck.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have installed the code in the Sheet1 Objects, and still I have no tag
values comming up in the LogSheet, is there a setting or something that may
be preventing vba from moving the changing value?

wrote in message
I am running excell 2003 and have an analog input value from an Allen Bradley
control logix PLC giving a cell an instantaneous value of the input, I was
wondering if there was a way of saving the values in that cell, so I can set
up a trend of the values.I have tried to send the values to another
spreadsheet on a time basis, but have had no luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change the cell designation in the code to another cell;
enter some data in that cell; see if the change is logged.
( the dollar signs($) are required in the cell address)

If not, run this sub and try again...
Sub MakeItRight
Application.EnableEvents = True
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message
I am running excell 2003 and have an analog input value from an Allen Bradley
control logix PLC giving a cell an instantaneous value of the input, I was
wondering if there was a way of saving the values in that cell, so I can set
up a trend of the values.I have tried to send the values to another
spreadsheet on a time basis, but have had no luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If that's a DDE link, the Worksheet_Change event may not fire. To overcome
this, put a formula in another cell that links to the DDE-linked cell (just
=$C$5 will do), then put the code into the Worksheet_Calculate event
procedure.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP