-   -   Paste Special? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14186-paste-special.html)

aehan

Paste Special?

I want to copy data from a workbook to overwrite data on another workbook but
not to overwrite the formulas. The original worksheet will have either empty
cells or the value of 0 in the cells that contain the formula in the workbook
it is being pasted to. I can't find an option in Paste Special. Can anyone
help with this? Many thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

There is not skip cells with formulas option in pastespecial.

Tom Ogilvy

"aehan" wrote in message
I want to copy data from a workbook to overwrite data on another workbook

but
not to overwrite the formulas. The original worksheet will have either

empty
cells or the value of 0 in the cells that contain the formula in the

workbook
it is being pasted to. I can't find an option in Paste Special. Can

anyone
help with this? Many thanks.

aehan

Yes, I had gathered that I couldn't use Paste Special, and I wondered if
there was another way of doing it.