Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default View All Sheet Names in Workbook at Once

I have a workbook that has 30 to 40 sheets. I know there is no way to
display all sheet names at once, is there some way to have a form pop up so
the end user can select a sheet from a list?

Thanks,
--
Lincoln
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lincoln

Right click on the arrows on the left of the first sheet tab

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Lincoln" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook that has 30 to 40 sheets. I know there is no way to
display all sheet names at once, is there some way to have a form pop up so
the end user can select a sheet from a list?

Thanks,
--
Lincoln

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click on the navigation arrows at bottom left will give a list of 15
sheets and "more".

If you want to see all names and select from a list use Bob Phillips'
browsesheets macro.

Sub BrowseSheets()
Const nPerColumn As Long = 38 'number of items per column
Const nWidth As Long = 13 'width of each letter
Const nHeight As Long = 18 'height of each row
Const sID As String = "___SheetGoto" 'name of dialog sheet
Const kCaption As String = " Select sheet to goto"
'dialog caption

Dim i As Long
Dim TopPos As Long
Dim iBooks As Long
Dim cCols As Long
Dim cLetters As Long
Dim cMaxLetters As Long
Dim cLeft As Long
Dim thisDlg As DialogSheet
Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet
Dim cb As OptionButton
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectStructure Then
MsgBox "Workbook is protected.", vbCritical
Exit Sub
End If
On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets(sID).Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
On Error GoTo 0
Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet
Set thisDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add
With thisDlg
.Name = sID
.Visible = xlSheetHidden
'sets variables for positioning on dialog
iBooks = 0
cCols = 0
cMaxLetters = 0
cLeft = 78
TopPos = 40
For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count
If i Mod nPerColumn = 1 Then
cCols = cCols + 1
TopPos = 40
cLeft = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth)
cMaxLetters = 0
End If
Set CurrentSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i)
cLetters = Len(CurrentSheet.Name)
If cLetters cMaxLetters Then
cMaxLetters = cLetters
End If
iBooks = iBooks + 1
.OptionButtons.Add cLeft, TopPos, cLetters * nWidth, 16.5
.OptionButtons(iBooks).text = _
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(iBooks).Name
TopPos = TopPos + 13
Next i
.Buttons.Left = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth) + 24
CurrentSheet.Activate
With .DialogFrame
.Height = Application.Max(68, _
Application.Min(iBooks, nPerColumn) * nHeight + 10)
.Width = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth) + 24
.Caption = kCaption
End With
.Buttons("Button 2").BringToFront
.Buttons("Button 3").BringToFront
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
If .Show Then
For Each cb In thisDlg.OptionButtons
If cb.Value = xlOn Then
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(cb.Caption).Select
Exit For
End If
Next cb
Else