Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Deleting Characters

I have multiple words with parenthesis on the beginning and at the end of the
word. Example (Paul), (John), (George), (Beatles), (Ringo). How do I just
delete the parenthesis in the beginning and at the end of each word? Example
Paul, John, George, Beatles, Ringo. The words are all in Column C in Excel
2002. I have over 10,000 words that this has to be done to. It would take a
long time to do it one by one. I hope someone can help me, Thanks Vinny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Vinny

Select the names, choose Edit, Replace; in the replace what box type "("
without the quotes and click Replace All button.

Repeat with the ")" character.

Regards
Peter

"Vinny0128" wrote:

I have multiple words with parenthesis on the beginning and at the end of the
word. Example (Paul), (John), (George), (Beatles), (Ringo). How do I just
delete the parenthesis in the beginning and at the end of each word? Example
Paul, John, George, Beatles, Ringo. The words are all in Column C in Excel
2002. I have over 10,000 words that this has to be done to. It would take a
long time to do it one by one. I hope someone can help me, Thanks Vinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Billy