Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default consolidating worksheets into a table

Try using "Consolidate", under Data. Look up consolidate data in the help
menu, and follow consolidate by category steps. I just learned this
yesterday cause I'm doing something similar.
Good luck
Barbra

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you could start by recording a macro when you do it manually????

jourdan 1 wrote:

yes that would be so easy ut yet i have to make it so complicated i need it
to automatically update the information to the new sheet without copying and
pasting

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Since there's only 7 sheets and the names can be in any column, I think I would
just do 7 of these:

Select the range
edit|copy
go to the new sheet (next available row)
edit|paste

(repeat 6 more times)

jourdan 1 wrote:

how do i take 2 columms of information 1 being names and the other being
shifts example 6-2 and putting them all on 1 seperate sheet i have 7 sheets 1
for each day.Also the names are not always in the sames colomms or even on
the sheet at all.please help

--

Dave Peterson

--