cwwolfdog

Default Problem with copying a to from date to another cell

I am trying to enter the first 7 days of the year in one cell.
ie: A1 - 1/2/05 to 1/8/05
And then I want to drag that down to 53 cells and have it copy in the
following format.
ie: A2 - 1/9/05 to 1/15/05
A3 - 1/16/05 to 1/22/05
etc...
Is this possible?
CLR

I would do it by using two separate columns, typing in the two top row
dates, the highlight the area you wish to fill, then Edit Fill Series
Trend..........then when you have the two columns of dates, use a third
helper column with this formula copied down......

=TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" to "&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yy")

then Copy PasteSpecial Values the column and delete the
others...........
It may be the long way around, but it works..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"cwwolfdog" wrote in message
I am trying to enter the first 7 days of the year in one cell.
ie: A1 - 1/2/05 to 1/8/05
And then I want to drag that down to 53 cells and have it copy in the
following format.
ie: A2 - 1/9/05 to 1/15/05
A3 - 1/16/05 to 1/22/05
etc...
Is this possible?

cwwolfdog

I tried it but did not get it to work. I am sure that I am doing something
wrong.

I have A1 with 1/2/05 and B1 as 1/8/05
I then did the fill series down which filled in the A column with 1/3 1/4
1/5 and so on and the same thing for the B column.
I entered your formula into the third column and came back with 1/3/05 to
1/9/05
then 1/4/05 to 1/10/05.

Can you tell where I went wrong.

thanks

"cwwolfdog" wrote in message
I am trying to enter the first 7 days of the year in one cell.
ie: A1 - 1/2/05 to 1/8/05
And then I want to drag that down to 53 cells and have it copy in the
following format.
ie: A2 - 1/9/05 to 1/15/05
A3 - 1/16/05 to 1/22/05
etc...
Is this possible?

CLR

Glad to hear you got it working...........thanks for the feedback......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"cwwolfdog" wrote in message
I figured it out