Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Apply Name (Define Name, Name Range)

Hi,
When you choose Insert/Name/Apply, you get several different choices.
Ignore relative/absolute
Use row & column names
Omit column name...
Omit row name...
Name order

I searched help for information on apply name, but didn't find anything.

I'd like to know what the Ignore relative/absolute means when applying a
name. Anyone have an answer?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

put "About labels and names in formulas" in the help search, this will give
you a starting point.
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)