Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Default Excel and Webpages

If an excel document is hyperlinked to the intranet, how do you open the
document in Microsoft Excel and not in an Internet Explorer?

Many Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure if this'll work for you, but it works for me when I click on a link
to an excel file on a web page:

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Dear Dave,

I have tried Method 1 and have been unsuccessful as I am unable to press
edit/advance.

For Method 2, I am unable to edit the registry as it would require changing
all of the settings for the whole office.

However, thank you for your help.