Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Difficulty merging a Date and Time

I am having trouble merging two cells together. One cell (Date formatted)
and another cell (Military Time formatted). I would like to bring these
together to represent one point in time.

How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just add them together and choose an appropriate format:

=A1+B1

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 30, 5:06 pm, Adam wrote:
I am having trouble merging two cells together. One cell (Date formatted)
and another cell (Military Time formatted). I would like to bring these
together to represent one point in time.

How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have tried to merge them by "concatenating" and I get a number value
result. I hav tried to format the number value result, but it does not work.
(i've copied/pasted values before i try formatting, and am getting no where)

How do you suggest merging the cells so that you can format them in a time?

"Adam" wrote:

I am having trouble merging two cells together. One cell (Date formatted)
and another cell (Military Time formatted). I would like to bring these
together to represent one point in time.

How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Pete's reply ... just add them

=A1+B1

Result should format automatically to date/time