Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delete duplicate and original entries in excel

I'm working with a large excel database and need to delete not only
the duplicate record, but also the original one-- if that makes sense.
I've merged two databases together--one that's a master list of names
and contact info and the second with names of people who have already
been contacted. So when I put the two together, for instance a record
for Joe Smith shows up twice because he's been contacted, so I need to
delete both entries, so he's effectively no longer in the
database...any suggestions? Everything that I've seen only deletes the
dulplicate, which would mean Joe Smith would still show up in the
database.

Thanks for your help!!