Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default the 'cell' that allows you to automatically highlight all the data (below the name box in the corner)

....does anybody know what it's called?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is not a cell. It is the intersection of the column and row headers.
I do not think it has a simple name.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"showsomeidnow" wrote in message
ups.com...
...does anybody know what it's called?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I call it the "select all" button--but nobody understands what I'm talking
about.

If you're trying to tell someone to select all the cells (over the phone??), you
may want to suggest using ctrl-a.

And depending on the version of excel, you may need to tell them to hit it a few
times (its behavior changed through the versions).

showsomeidnow wrote:

...does anybody know what it's called?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you kindly all for all of the answers. you are all extremely
helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Microsoft calls it the Select All button too:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH100648141033

There's a picture in the 'Change the column width to fit the contents'
section.

showsomeidnow wrote:

...does anybody know what it's called?

--