Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If statement and Drop-Down

Hello, I'm not a programmer, having problem with the following, any help
would be very appreciated!!

For example:

When a value is entered into cell D6 I would like my drop-down that I have
created in cell D7 to display one of the values in its list.

I tried a regular if statement in the cell that has the drop-down list
embedded but it says the value I entered is not valid and a user has
restricted the values that can be entered into this cell.

Please can anyone help me out here..

Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am making an Attendance/Absenteism system..

When the number of hours present is entered into a cell, I would like the
short Description of the work done in these hours which are all included in
the drop down list in the cell below (Regular, Courses, Meeting, etc.) to
display by default "Regular" which can be changed using the drop-down if
necessary. It is most often Regular.

I don't want to simply have "regular" displayed in every day of the year as
template but rather to only display once hours have been entered

I hope that clarifies, please let me know if i can provide any more info..

"Don Guillett" wrote:

A bit more explanation and why?

--
Don Guillett