Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Naming a range

Hi

I have made several ranges on a spreadsheet, using "Insert", "Name",
"Define. They use the offset function, as below

=OFFSET(calc!$B$26,1,0,COUNTA(calc!$K:$K)+12,10)

if I hit Control-G, or look in the name box at the upper left, the names of
many of these ranges do not show up. I cannot refer to, or highlight, the
ranges whose names do not show up.

The ranges are often created by simply modifying existing ranges, for
example, by changing the column. I wonder if this could be the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, it is because they are dynamic, they could refer to different ranges at
different times, that they don't show.

You can do this though

EditGoto (or Ctrl-G) and type the range name in the box and OK.

--
HTH

Bob

"hello" wrote in message
Hi

I have made several ranges on a spreadsheet, using "Insert", "Name",
"Define. They use the offset function, as below

=OFFSET(calc!$B$26,1,0,COUNTA(calc!$K:$K)+12,10)

if I hit Control-G, or look in the name box at the upper left, the names
of
many of these ranges do not show up. I cannot refer to, or highlight, the
ranges whose names do not show up.

The ranges are often created by simply modifying existing ranges, for
example, by changing the column. I wonder if this could be the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. This correctly highlighed the range, but it presupposes that I can
remember the names in the worksheet. Sometimes there are too many named
ranges to remember. Is there a way to show these names automatically? I am
not sure, but I suspect that this is causing some problems I am having
linking to the ranges. I somehow doubt that I inserted the range properly in
the first place. I used "insert" "name" "define" and typed the formula in my
first post.