Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to capitilize automatically?

I've been reading around the web and mostly see suggestions for
temporary fixes. I'm trying to create a template which I'd like this
applied to every time I use it.

I have lots of cells designated for names that I'd like to make proper
case automatically as soon as you hit enter to move to the next cell,
whether it's entered as all lower case or upper case.

I just found out how cool excel is last week and now searching for
this answer I found out it gets even cooler with VBA stuff which I
know even less about than excel.

On this page I found a macro for proper case and a change event, which
if I understand correctly, utilizes the macro automatically?

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm

The macro works fine but I'd like to get it to fix the name to proper
case as soon as you hit enter or tab.

So I installed the change event macro as the page said by clicking on
the sheet tab and pasting the code. I changed D and 4 to C and 3
because that's where my name column is (it's actually C and D merged
together. And I changed "personal.xls!Proper_Case" to where personal =
the file name of the worksheet I'm working on and saved it. I assume
that's what it's supposed to be, but we all know what happens when you
assume...

The macros are in all workbooks so I know it's there for my
worksheet. But this change event macro either 1. isn't working or 2.
I'm a moron and misunderstood the purpose of a change event macro or
3. I'm still a moron and understood the purpose of a change event
macro perfectly but just applied it wrongly.

The actual range I'd like this to apply to is C9 through C33 and C38
through C47. And remember that columns C and D are merged together if
that makes a difference.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles