Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protecting an Excel file

How could I protect a file so someone else could not open it without the
password. I use two versions of Excel, at work I have 2000 SP-3 and
Personally I have 2003 SP-2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean just saving it with a password? When you do "save as" there is
are "general options" that allow for password protection.

"CEP77" wrote:

How could I protect a file so someone else could not open it without the
password. I use two versions of Excel, at work I have 2000 SP-3 and
Personally I have 2003 SP-2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CEP77 wrote on Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:08:00 -0700:

C "Teresa" wrote:

?? Do you mean just saving it with a password? When you do
?? "save as" there is are "general options" that allow for
?? password protection.
??
?? "CEP77" wrote:
??
?? How could I protect a file so someone else could not open
?? it without the password. I use two versions of Excel, at
?? work I have 2000 SP-3 and Personally I have 2003 SP-2.

The route is a little more complicated: Save AsTools General
options in Excel 2002.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: