Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup results in a number?

The results of a Vlookup function was a number versus the text in the cell.
Does anyone know why?
--
Texas Wannano
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How could we possibly know without your formulas and your data?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Wannano" wrote in message ...
| The results of a Vlookup function was a number versus the text in the cell.
| Does anyone know why?
| --
| Texas Wannano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Col A: Text to lookup up
Col B: formula =VLOOKUP(A2,$C$2:$C$35,1,FALSE)
Col C: Lookup List

All 3-digit alpha (ABC, EXD, etc)
--
Texas Wannano

"Wannano" wrote:

The results of a Vlookup function was a number versus the text in the cell.
Does anyone know why?
--
Texas Wannano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Excel spreadsheet was an export from PeopleSoft. I open a new workbook
and copied the exact same data/formula and it worked perfectly...however, I
still do not know what caused the error.

Thank your for your effort.

Texas Wannano

"Wannano" wrote in message ...
| The results of a Vlookup function was a number versus the text in the cell.
| Does anyone know why?
| --
| Texas Wannano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now what was in A2, what was in $C$2:$C$35 (or the part that you expected the result from), what did you expect as result and what
was the actual result of your formula?
We are nor clairvoyant!

--
Kind regards,