Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Yes formula

Hi

I am not to good with formulas, I need a cell to be yes if the amount is
greater than 50.000. Can someone help on how to write the formula
Thanks.
--
nela
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A single cell cannot be both 50 and yes but a cell can check another cell
for these conditions, For example you could have this in A2 checking A1

=if(A150.000,"Yes","No")

Mike

"nela" wrote:

Hi

I am not to good with formulas, I need a cell to be yes if the amount is
greater than 50.000. Can someone help on how to write the formula
Thanks.
--
nela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nela,

Put 50.001 in A1. Then in B1 enter this formula:

=IF(A150.000, "Yes", "No")

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"nela" wrote:

Hi

I am not to good with formulas, I need a cell to be yes if the amount is
greater than 50.000. Can someone help on how to write the formula
Thanks.
--
nela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to substitute Yes for modifying the appearance of the cell
(changing the text color, background color, etc):

Go to Format | Conditional Formatting

Then select "Cell Value Is" and "Greater Than" and then enter 50 in the 3rd
box.

Next, click Format... and select how you want the cell to appear when the
value is greater than 50.

Hope that helps.