Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protect and Hidden single cell

I am using Office 2003. Anyway to protect and hidden single cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By default all cells in a worksheet are protected and this is activated by
protecting the sheet. The solution for you is to first un-protect the cells
you want the user to be able to edit by selecting them and then Format -
Cells - protection and removing the Locked checkmark.

Hiding an individual cell is something that I don't believe can be done but
you could create a custom format of ;;; (3 semi colons) for the cell which
will make it appear empty. If when you protect your sheet you remove "Allow
users to select locked cells' it will be as good as invisible.

Mike