Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drill-Down

I am back again with yet another question for the "excel challenged" like me.
I am trying to drill down a pivot list i created in my workbook. Problem I
have is getting the information to move to a new sheet. I have tryed the
online help and looked thru all my sources here to no avail. I am probably
misunderstanding something or hitting one wrong key or missing one. Any
suggestions on how to move the data to another sheet would be appreciated.
Currently it just shows up on my current list.
here is an example of the list (pivot chart) I am currently using. when I
try to get the data on females to move to a new sheet, it continues to show
up on this current list. In other words, when I double click females any
choices I make show up under females.

Average of Salary Rank

Sex Full Associate Assistant
Instructor Grand

Total

Female $55,716.33 $51,569.17 $46,983.00 $36,909.57
$46,049.83

Male $61,112.78 $51,757.75 $48,250.00 $41,257.60
$52,373.22

Grand Total $59,763.67 $51,644.60 $47,888.00 $38,721.25
$49,597.10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Double-click on a number in the data area, and it should show the
underlying detail on a new sheet. If you want to see the detail for all
the female records, double-click the grand total for that row.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a ton. I was just clicking the wrong thing. Once I clicked the total
columns instead of a header column I got what I wanted. The littlest things
sometimes can make things which are so simple seem so difficult.

Thank you again, this whole site is a huge help and I really appreciate the
replys.
~Eelinla