-   -   Double Click to see formula source data? Set up? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139812-double-click-see-formula-source-data-set-up.html)

gt

Double Click to see formula source data? Set up?

Does anyone know how to set your Excel to see the formula source data by
double clicking cell that contains the formula?

For example say cell B4 contains the formula =A4 + 10. If you double click
cell B4 it takes you back to cell A4 (since its source data). Do you know how
to set this up? I got a new computer this week and my Excel isn't
coorperating!
--
gt

Peo Sjoblom

Double Click to see formula source data? Set up?

Toolsoptionsedit, deselect edit directly in cell
Of course if you have it checked you will still get the source highlighted

Peo Sjoblom

"gt" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to set your Excel to see the formula source data by
double clicking cell that contains the formula?

For example say cell B4 contains the formula =A4 + 10. If you double click
cell B4 it takes you back to cell A4 (since its source data). Do you know
how
to set this up? I got a new computer this week and my Excel isn't
coorperating!
--
gt

FSt1

Double Click to see formula source data? Set up?

hi,
i don't (by double clicking) but you have that available to you.
toolsformula auditingtrace precedents

Regards
FSt1

"gt" wrote:

Does anyone know how to set your Excel to see the formula source data by
double clicking cell that contains the formula?

For example say cell B4 contains the formula =A4 + 10. If you double click
cell B4 it takes you back to cell A4 (since its source data). Do you know how
to set this up? I got a new computer this week and my Excel isn't
coorperating!
--
gt

RagDyeR

Double Click to see formula source data? Set up?

You could *retain* the "Edit In Cell" functionality, and still move back and
forth between referenced formula cells by using:
<Ctrl [
AND
<Ctrl ]

RD