Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EG EG is offline

Default Adding in a range with multiple variables

More and more similar data will be added the spread sheet below as the weeks
go by. I am trying to keep a running total of the amounts in column J where
the corresponding values in the cells in column I is "CALL" and the value of
the cells in column C is "BUY".

In other words, I need a formula in D28 that adds all the numbers in column
J when the value of C and I of the same row is "BUY" and "CALL" respectively.

C D E F G H I
6 BUY 10 PFE 100 Jan-06 32.5 CALL 0.900
7 SELL -10 PFE 100 Jan-05 30 CALL 0.150
8 SELL -10 PFE 100 Jan-05 27.5 PUT 1.200
9 BUY 10 PFE 100 Jan-06 25 PUT 2.000

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me.

Thx.

EG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EG EG is offline

this post did not format like it did when i wrote it. sorry...but maybe
someone can still help me.

EG

"EG" wrote:

More and more similar data will be added the spread sheet below as the weeks
go by. I am trying to keep a running total of the amounts in column J where
the corresponding values in the cells in column I is "CALL" and the value of
the cells in column C is "BUY".

In other words, I need a formula in D28 that adds all the numbers in column
J when the value of C and I of the same row is "BUY" and "CALL" respectively.

C D E F G H I
6 BUY 10 PFE 100 Jan-06 32.5 CALL 0.900
7 SELL -10 PFE 100 Jan-05 30 CALL 0.150
8 SELL -10 PFE 100 Jan-05 27.5 PUT 1.200
9 BUY 10 PFE 100 Jan-06 25 PUT 2.000

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me.

Thx.

EG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean C28 = Buy and I28 = Call and Sum ALL of J or are you only
Summing the "j's" on the lines where C=Buy and I=Call, and if so what is
currently in column D? And where is the additional data going. Currently
the explaination doesn't make a lot of sense.