Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default flip text 180 Degrees

How can I flip text 180 degrees within a cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight the cell to be formatted.
Click on <Format<Cells<Alignment
Drag the red dot to the required position or enter -nn or +nn

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Karla" wrote in message
How can I flip text 180 degrees within a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By 180 degrees, I'm assuming you mean you want to rotate the text until it
is upside down. To my knowledge that cannot be done. However, if you truly
mean "flip text", that would indicate that the text is upside-down but not
rotating...meaning it still reads left to right, but the text is
upside-down. That could be achieved with an upside-down font.

Good luck.
Paul

"Karla" wrote in message
How can I flip text 180 degrees within a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean in some cells only then no. But if you mean the whole sheet
then, although it is not very practical, you can rotate the text +90 degrees
in one cell and (in the same row) -90 degrees in another. Then select
Landscape orientation.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Karla" wrote in message
How can I flip text 180 degrees within a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel has no built-in function that would flip text 180 degrees.

90 degrees is the maximum.

Let's see........180 degrees would look like right to left and upside down?

Other than some special font, I see no way of doing this.

Reversing the text.......yes, can be done using a UDF.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:52:01 -0700, Karla
wrote:

How can I flip text 180 degrees within a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ingrimayne/upside-down/

--

HTH,

RD

"Karla" wrote in message
How can I flip text 180 degrees within a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's the one!

Gord

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:39:37 -0700, "RagDyeR" wrote:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ingrimayne/upside-down/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I went to the site you posted, it did look quite familiar<g