-   -   Word wrap (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139311-word-wrap.html)

kasaz

Word wrap

I have copied and pasted a large quantity of text from Word to one cell
within Excel. I have used wordwrap, however although I can see all of the
text in the toolbar and when clicking on the cell, it does not display
completely in the cell itself

JE McGimpsey

Word wrap

Check XL Help ("Specifications"). Only 1024 characters are displayed,
even though the cell can contain 32767 characters.

You can bypass this limit by inserting a manual Linefeed (CHAR(10)) at
least every 1023 characters.

In article ,
kasaz wrote:

I have copied and pasted a large quantity of text from Word to one cell
within Excel. I have used wordwrap, however although I can see all of the
text in the toolbar and when clicking on the cell, it does not display
completely in the cell itself

Teethless mama

Word wrap

Expand a column and a row bigger

"kasaz" wrote:

I have copied and pasted a large quantity of text from Word to one cell
within Excel. I have used wordwrap, however although I can see all of the
text in the toolbar and when clicking on the cell, it does not display
completely in the cell itself

Peo Sjoblom

Word wrap

Look in help, search for specifications and look if you hit the limits
text that is displayed in a cell is 1024 characters, some people say if you
use a lot of alt enter in-between lines you can display more than that

Peo Sjoblom

"kasaz" wrote in message
I have copied and pasted a large quantity of text from Word to one cell
within Excel. I have used wordwrap, however although I can see all of the
text in the toolbar and when clicking on the cell, it does not display
completely in the cell itself

kasaz

Word wrap

Thank you. I had already done that as well as experiment with the formatting
of the cell prior to entering this post.

"kasaz" wrote:

I have copied and pasted a large quantity of text from Word to one cell
within Excel. I have used wordwrap, however although I can see all of the
text in the toolbar and when clicking on the cell, it does not display
completely in the cell itself

kasaz

Word wrap

How do I insert a manual linefeed in the text as a formula without it
appearing as text within the text.