Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula

i created a spreadsheet where i will be tracking hours for our sales people.
i want to automatically track what hours they work. they usually send me the
time as (ex. 10 - 7,). I would like to get a formula that would automatically
add the time up as hours worked and automatically deduct an hour off for
lunch. can someone help me with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming
A1 = 10:00 AM
B1 = 7:00 PM

In C1: =(B1-A1)*24-1

Format cells as General

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote:

i created a spreadsheet where i will be tracking hours for our sales people.
i want to automatically track what hours they work. they usually send me the
time as (ex. 10 - 7,). I would like to get a formula that would automatically
add the time up as hours worked and automatically deduct an hour off for
lunch. can someone help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

the time will be entered at:
10 in cell A1
7 in cell B1

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Assuming
A1 = 10:00 AM
B1 = 7:00 PM

In C1: =(B1-A1)*24-1

Format cells as General

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote:

i created a spreadsheet where i will be tracking hours for our sales people.
i want to automatically track what hours they work. they usually send me the
time as (ex. 10 - 7,). I would like to get a formula that would automatically
add the time up as hours worked and automatically deduct an hour off for
lunch. can someone help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=B1-A1+11

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote:

the time will be entered at:
10 in cell A1
7 in cell B1

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Assuming
A1 = 10:00 AM
B1 = 7:00 PM

In C1: =(B1-A1)*24-1

Format cells as General

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote:

i created a spreadsheet where i will be tracking hours for our sales people.
i want to automatically track what hours they work. they usually send me the
time as (ex. 10 - 7,). I would like to get a formula that would automatically
add the time up as hours worked and automatically deduct an hour off for
lunch. can someone help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

works great.. now more thing..

if cell B1 and A1 are blank, i would like for C1 to be blank. how can i do
that?

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=B1-A1+11

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote:

the time will be entered at:
10 in cell A1
7 in cell B1

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Assuming
A1 = 10:00 AM
B1 = 7:00 PM

In C1: =(B1-A1)*24-1

Format cells as General

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote:

i created a spreadsheet where i will be tracking hours for our sales people.
i want to automatically track what hours they work. they usually send me the
time as (ex. 10 - 7,). I would like to get a formula that would automatically
add the time up as hours worked and automatically deduct an hour off for
lunch. can someone help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",B1-A1+11)

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote:

works great.. now more thing..

if cell B1 and A1 are blank, i would like for C1 to be blank. how can i do
that?

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=B1-A1+11

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote: