Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Micro-Soft Pop-Ups

Sorry - I know this is not really the correct forum, but I don't know where
else to go.
Recently, anytime I log a new question or comment on this forum, a pop-up
from Micro-Soft shows up.

How, and where, do I stop this thing.

Please!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Post comments to groups.google.com and avoid MSFT's awkward discussiong group
system. Note: posting to groups.google.com gets you access to the same posts
you see via MSFT's system, only it's more well designed, and there are no
annoying pop ups.

Dave

"BEEJAY" wrote:

Sorry - I know this is not really the correct forum, but I don't know where
else to go.
Recently, anytime I log a new question or comment on this forum, a pop-up
from Micro-Soft shows up.

How, and where, do I stop this thing.

Please!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?RGF2ZSBG?= wrote:
Post comments to groups.google.com and avoid MSFT's awkward discussiong group
system. Note: posting to groups.google.com gets you access to the same posts
you see via MSFT's system, only it's more well designed, and there are no
annoying pop ups.

... or better yet, get a news reading program and an NNTP server. Once you
have used a good one, you will never bother with google groups again :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If running Windows OS you will have Outlook Express available as a news reader.

Point it to server msnews.microsoft.com for best results.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Bruce Sinclair" wrote:

In article , ?B?RGF2ZSBG?= wrote:
Post comments to groups.google.com and avoid MSFT's awkward discussiong group
system. Note: posting to groups.google.com gets you access to the same posts
you see via MSFT's system, only it's more well designed, and there are no
annoying pop ups.

... or better yet, get a news reading program and an NNTP server. Once you
have used a good one, you will never bother with google groups again :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks All:
Due to your input, I found that my outlook can be directed to Express, as
reader.
Once my IT department lets me out the specified port, I should be up and
rolling.
Thanks again.
jfs