Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Default Selection from drop-down box

Hi all,

Users of my excel workbook need to complete a calculation sheet with
account-numbers. Though, I want to limit the input possibilities.

An account can only be chosen once and should not be proposed when already
selected. I know what is possible with €˜validation.

Does anybody know if this would be possible with a pop-up box that show all
available accounts? In the pop-up box, the user should be able to select the
account and move this to a cell in a calculation sheet . The selected account
should removed from the pop-up box.

Many thanks!
Rgs, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Thanks Bob, this is exactly the way I had gone through. I was wondering if
the same is possible with a separate prompt-box where accounts can be
selected. I guess I will need VBA. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about
VBA.

For info, the validation in the contextures-solutions does not work if you
copy-paste the information from a previous cell. It only works if you use the
drop down arrow.
--
Rgs, Tim